Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LuckJunq
New Contributor II

Endpoint Installers

Captura de tela 2023-11-29 133716.png

Hello everyone,

I'm currently using FortiClient EMS version 7.0.9, and I've set up a LAB to update endpoints to version 7.0.10.

However, when I sent the update package for version 7.0.10 to the machines, the outcome was as follows:

• The machines updated to the new version.
  • The machines are displaying two versions in the 'Add and Remove Programs' section of Windows. Both 7.0.9 and 7.0.10 are listed even after a reboot.

Could anyone assist me with information or guidance on this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello LuckJunq,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
LuckJunq
New Contributor II

Hello Anthony
I've gone through several tutorial videos, yet none of them demonstrated the Add and Remove Programs feature after completing the deployment via EMS. I'm uncertain whether any modifications are required in the 'mst' file or if configuring an installation of Forticlient.msi is necessary.
I appreciate your efforts and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

ebilcari

Did you verify if both packages are from the same architecture x86 or x64?

There are two separate packages available for FCT, Windows may interpret them as different software so in place of upgrading the existing, it will install the new one.

client arc.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
LuckJunq
New Contributor II

Hello,
I've checked the information, both are 64x installations.

I've reworked the installers and reviewed the existing cases.

ebilcari

I'm glad it worked out.

@LuckJunq I can't think of any other possible issues, maybe try to install manually on one of the hosts and see if windows classify it as an upgrade or as a new software.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
LuckJunq
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for all the effort and energy spent trying to help me.

Below, I'm sharing a screenshot of how the installer ended up in EMS. I downloaded the ZIP file that was mentioned in the previous post.

I created the installer using the 'Choose a custom installer' option.

EMS > Forticlient Installers > Download Link Screenshot_1.png

Here's the 'registration key' from a machine that underwent deployment and has both installations. As you can see, both refer to their respective 64x versions.

FortiClient 7.0.10 - EMS
Computador\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{00E61139-1646-46C4-A383-F33B8A90F9F9}
FortiClient 7.0.9 - EMS
Computador\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{079B00DA-23ED-4F29-AED8-7137A11CCD4A}

I'm going crazy! I've been handed this project with 466 clients having version duplications, currently sitting between '7.0.6 - 7.0.9'. Due to some vulnerabilities, we need to update to version 7.0.10. To avoid further issues, I've been trying to validate this installation. Unfortunately, no success yet.
Regards,
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello LuckJunq,

Thank you for your message and we are doing everything to find somebody to help you.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors