Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
robprose
New Contributor

Encryption and other things

I have a new FortiMail 200E that I am trying to get into place. I am fairly sure that I have it configured to pass mail without a problem, but I am having trouble getting encryption setup.

I am deploying this in gateway mode with my Exchange server on the other side and have a device that this is replacing. I want to set it up to encrypt any mail that it sees that has been marked as 'Confidential' on the way out. I have followed the instructions in the Admin Guide and also used the Cookbook article below to get started.

The problem that I am having now is that I can't make a Content Profile for 'Outgoing' email, that drop down is greyed out and only 'Incoming' is available. I have to be missing something right?

3 REPLIES 3
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

hello

if you are cloning content profile, be sure to clon one with direction 'outgoing'

If not, just make a new one with that characteristic

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
abelio

screenshot attached below

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
robprose

I can do that, but as soon as I choose my domain at the top the only option I have is Incoming.

If I leave it on System then I choose Incoming or Outgoing.

I have to be missing something that is causing this.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors