Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
piaakit1210
New Contributor III

Enabled link redundancy and no load-sharing question

Dear All, 

Would like to ask if i have dual internet circuits and want to enabled link redundancy and no load-sharing, and i have followed below guide and seem work as expected, but i have one question, if wan1 down, and its will failover to wan2, and if wan1 resumed, will it be able to failover back to wan1 itself ? would it be possible to achieve that ?

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.1/administration-guide/360563/dual-internet-connect...

Piaakit 

1 Solution
srajeswaran

That is correct.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Yes, when the wan1 link comes up the associated route with lower distance also comes up. When the preferred route (lower distance) is active , system will use that route to send traffic via wan1.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

piaakit1210
New Contributor III

so its the Administrative Distance determine which wan to be in primary from static routes ?

srajeswaran

That is correct.

Regards,

Suraj

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors