Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nobox
New Contributor III

Empty "Summary" page on "System Events" and "Security Events" - Fortigate 60F os 7.2

Hi

I upgraded the 60F from version 7.0.5 to 7.2 three days ago. The system looks very promising but has a problem with a new feature in Log & Report. The "Summary" page in "System Events" and "Security Events" is blank - no data exists (it is not grayed out, only all tables are empty). When I go to the "Details" tab, all logs of individual modules are in place, regardless of whether I choose "FortigateCloud" or "Memory". I have a licensed version of "Standalone FortiGate Cloud account" - 1 year log retention.

Can anyone, are there any specific requirements to run this function (maybe Fortianalizer?).

Or is it an early version of the system bug?

Does it work for someone?

Thanx

10 REPLIES 10
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey nobox,

I updated my lab FortiGate (201E) to 7.2.0 to check, and observed the same - the summary page is empty. I generated some events, but this didn't change.

I also tried the diagnose commands listed here: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.0/new-features/931430/updated-system-events-log-pag... but no output via CLI either. However, when I go to 'Details' I do see the expected logs.

I've reached out internally to see if there is anything reported or if this is under investigation.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
nobox
New Contributor III

thank you for the information
in my case the command "diagnose fortiview result event-log" gives the result "command parse error before 'fortiview'
Command fail. Return code -61 "- looks like "diagnose" has no "fortiview" option

Debbie_FTNT

Hey nobox,

can you check if you have 'Historical FortiView' enabled under Log Settings?

Debbie_FTNT_0-1649753386832.png

After I enabled the setting, the FortiGate started displaying information on the Summary page:

Debbie_FTNT_1-1649753524686.png

A colleague pointed out to me that this needs to be enabled for the Summary pages to display information. I've double-checked, and this is NOT currently mentioned in the documentation; we have a request to update the documentation and highlight this requirement underway.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
nobox
New Contributor III

hi, There is no such option in 60F settings, 'Historical FortiView' is probably only possible on units with disk
For me, only "FortiGate Cloud" can be selected as the data source on the 'Summary' page

Untitled-1.gif

Fortifab138
New Contributor

Hi All

Anyone find a solution to this problem?  I just upgraded my 60E to 7.2 and have the same issue.

nobox
New Contributor III

no, even after upgrading to 7.2.1, the summary page is empty - 0 Events, even when FortiAnalyzer is connected

dmayan

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with a 60E

Have anyone solved it?

Thanks

Dojo
New Contributor

I have the same.

CT_Tech
New Contributor

We are having the same issue. Also, if you select view logs it is defaulting for 5 seconds 

Our paid Fortinet support sent me to this page for the answer.

CT_Tech_0-1666875674046.png

CT_Tech_1-1666875865872.png

Just got a call from support this is a known bug id -> 0799539

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors