Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bb
New Contributor

Email Service

HI

Does the FAC have the capability to email a local log report generated on the fortigate?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

bb wrote:
Does the FAC have the capability to email a local log report generated on the fortigate?

I am not sure I understand what you want here.  FAC does not collect logs from FGT.  Are you perhaps referring to FAZ not FAC?  If not, can you rephrase your question to explain what you mean here?

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

bb
New Contributor

HI Carl

thanks for coming back to me. can i use the FAC as relay for the Fortigate? i don't have an email server so i was wandering if the FAC can assume that role. probably not, but thought is worth to ask the question.

all i need are the local generated reports on the fortigate and was hoping to be able to get them in an email, as opposed of logging in and download them manually.

thanks

B

bb
New Contributor

Thanks Carl

Carl_Windsor_FTNT

OK, I see.  No this is not supported by FAC but it would be via FortiMail.  This said, it is a simple requirement and you should be able to relay via e.g. a Gmail account as long as you configure SMTP auth.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors