Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Taniarto
New Contributor

Email Filtering doesn' t work

I Have set the Email Filtering. My Firewall is Fortigate 110 C. My Steps are : 1. I Enter the UTM 2. Create Email Filter Profile and check - Email Address IMAP, POP3,SMTP - Email Checksum check IMAP,POP3,SMTP - Email address BWL Check IMAP,POP3,SMTP - Return Email DNS Check IMAP,POP3,SMTP - Spam Action Discard position - Tag Location subject were selected 3. Enter the E-mail address create a email name 4. Create an Email List and choose the wildcard and mark as spam and then enable box is checked And then I test it to send an email from a client..the email block doesn' t working..and it doesn' t tell me as an email sender that your email address were blocked... Please help me..to solve it out.. Thanks, Joe
7 REPLIES 7
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Hi, Did you also enable the UTM profile on your firewall policy for your email ?

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
Taniarto
New Contributor

Is that Enable logging box at Email Filter profile? I Already check the box..but still the same..doesnt work
abelio

Hi, which firmware version do you' re running? Please post your settings with a captured screen or with the output of CLI command " show spamfilter profile <name>"

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Taniarto
New Contributor

Dear Abel..within the capture of the profile ..
abelio

ORIGINAL: Taniarto Dear Abel..within the capture of the profile ..
Hello Taniarto, this is not enough info already; - are you sure that that firewall policy is actually processing that email test? - how did you send the email test? could be tested using SMTPs (465 port) and not 25 standard one? - what do your logs say for this event?

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
ehammett
New Contributor

I am having a similar problem using version 4.0 MR3 patch 1. I have this spam profile enabled on the inbound SMTP policy to our mail server. FWF50B3G08541941 # show spamfilter profile spam config spamfilter profile edit " spam" set spam-log disable set spam-filtering enable set options bannedword spamemailbwl spamfsip spamfssubmit spamfschksum spamfsurl spamraddrdns spamfsphish config imap set log enable end config pop3 set log enable set tag-msg " SPAM:" end config smtp set log enable end config msn-hotmail set log enable end config yahoo-mail set log enable end set spam-bword-table 1 set spam-emaddr-table 1 --More-- next end FWF50B3G08541941 #
abelio

ORIGINAL: ehammett I am having a similar problem using version 4.0 MR3 patch 1.
Check if this bug-fix apply to your tests: Description: An email without CRLF after header and body may not be scanned properly by Antispam Filter.. Bug ID: 148195 Status: Fixed in v4.0 MR3 - Patch Release 2.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors