Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DesAsta
New Contributor II

Edit EMS Remote Access Profile, auto push changes to client?

Hi,

If I edit a EMS remote acces profile will clients using this profile recive the updated change? For example if I edit the VPN Tunnel 'On Connect' XML script to add a new drive mapping I would want clients using this profile to detect this. I want to avoid uninstalling the client and re-installing.

1 Solution
FortiMax_it
Contributor

Hi, the update is automatic and the refresh is set in the server options.

Screenshot_13.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FortiMax_it
Contributor

Hi, the update is automatic and the refresh is set in the server options.

Screenshot_13.png

DesAsta
New Contributor II

HI @FortiMax_it  thanks for this. Is this the same for any remote access profile change. Say if I set the auto connect to disbaled?

FortiMax_it

I'm sorry but I don't understand what your goal is :D With telemetry, even if you are not connected in VPN, you receive the configurations. In the EMS forticlient you can temporarily exclude the PCs not to take the configurations. The "autoconnect" only serves to automatically connect the VPN.

DesAsta
New Contributor II

@FortiMax_it I

was just confirming that any profile changes are communicated down to the client via the EMS telemetry and didn’t require any clint re-installs. You've confirmed this which is great - thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors