Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
phowardmhm
New Contributor

Edge Router Setup

Hi everyone,

We're in the process of switching over to a new ISP and they recently dropped their service in our data closet.  I don't think the person who ordered the service realized it at the time but this is not a managed service, meaning they do not have a router at our location.  Instead, they give a /30 that we must configure to use for the edge and a /27 that we can use for our external services.  I had a Juniper SRX340 lying around so I put an IP from the /30 on the outside interface and an IP from the /27 on the inside interface a long with a route to the next hop.  I then put an IP address from the /27 on the WAN1 interface on my Fortinet 200D along with a route pointing to the inside IP on the Juniper I was connected.

I would like to take the Juniper SRX out of the mix and just use my Fortigate 200D.  What is the best way to go about this?  I have tunnels and external resources using that /27 so I don't want to have to change any of that.  I have two pictures attached that has our current and proposed setup.  Thanks everyone in advance.  Thanks,

Pat

1 REPLY 1
oheigl
Contributor II

You don't need a second port for the 444. network in my opinion. Just move the one port from the juniper to the FortiGate, and change the policies accordingly. I guess it could be kind of difficult depending on the services you are using for these addresses.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors