Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Anne
New Contributor III

ESP

Hi there, We are setting up a tunnel between a Source (behind a Fortigate 310B Firewall) and a device on the Internet. The inbound rule on the Fortigate Firewall is: Source: Public IP Destination: Private IP Service: udp 500/4500 and ESP We are doing NATTING of Private IP listed above with the External interface IP address which is a public address. I have created a Virtual IP mapping the external interface IP address with the private address (defined as destination above). Then I did port forwarding for udp 500 and 4500. My question is how can I do the mapping for ESP because when I select the port forwarding option it only gives me the option for TCP/UDP/SCTP and not ESP Thanks in advance Anne
3 REPLIES 3
romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi, you cannot do a portforward which is forwarding ESP. I would suggest you enable NAT-T (nat traversal) on your IPSec configuration and you will only need udp ports 500 and 4500! br, Roman
investfalcon
New Contributor

Spider Solitaire, Did you reboot after the change was made? If so, I would open a ticket at TAC whatever the version is. 

seshuganesh
Staff
Staff

Hi Team,

As far as i know, you do not need to do VIP for ESP traffic.

Make sure ESP protocol is accepted in firewall policy service. This should be fine.

Please test and give us update

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors