Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
weiting
New Contributor II

EMS was not found

Hi all, 

I encounter an issue when trying to register to EMS from my local FortiClient. 

The version I have now is 7.0.2 for FortiOS. 

I am trying to troubleshoot this however am clueless where to start for the debugging.... 

1 Solution
btan
Staff
Staff

Hi weiting,

First and foremost, verify your EMS & FCT compatibility:
https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/afec3249-ed3f-11ea-96b9-005056...

FYI, if it is using default 8013 port, you do not have to specify it when you try to connect. You can just put the EMS IP.

-Test telnet your EMS IP port 8013 from the affected endpoint
-If you are using FCT 7.0.4+, perhaps you can find some useful logs in C:\Program Files\Fortinet\FortiClient\logs\trace\FortiESNAC

Also, is this happening on one PC only, or every other PC also cannot join to EMS? If it is latter, a health check on EMS server itself may be required.
There are too many possibilities, you can raise a FortiCare ticket with us to troubleshoot.

Regards,
Bon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

When you are registering, are you getting any Error? Can you share the error message/screenshot.

Can you confirm if there is a connectivity issue or not? Run a wireshark capture on the client machine, and use EMS server IP as filter to see if there are any packet going to the server and if there are any responses.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

weiting
New Contributor II

Hi, this is the error message I getting

weiting_0-1677057730514.png

when I perform a ping, I am able to reach the EMS server 

weiting_1-1677057840702.png

btan
Staff
Staff

Hi weiting,

First and foremost, verify your EMS & FCT compatibility:
https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/afec3249-ed3f-11ea-96b9-005056...

FYI, if it is using default 8013 port, you do not have to specify it when you try to connect. You can just put the EMS IP.

-Test telnet your EMS IP port 8013 from the affected endpoint
-If you are using FCT 7.0.4+, perhaps you can find some useful logs in C:\Program Files\Fortinet\FortiClient\logs\trace\FortiESNAC

Also, is this happening on one PC only, or every other PC also cannot join to EMS? If it is latter, a health check on EMS server itself may be required.
There are too many possibilities, you can raise a FortiCare ticket with us to troubleshoot.

Regards,
Bon
weiting
New Contributor II

Thanks. was able to solve it using the above troubleshooting steps

btan

Happy to help! Cheers!

Regards,
Bon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors