Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ovis
New Contributor

EMS Status: Not reachable

I installed and configured EMS on Windows Server 2022, then on the same device I also installed Forti client

I connected Forti client to EMS, it received the security profile, but after 1 minute the status shows the message: Not reachable

If I disconnect Forti client from EMS, and try to reconnect, it works, but after 1 minute the message appears again: Not reachable

I mention that I use EMS 7.0.1 build 0103 and Forti Client 7.0.1.0083

Ovis
Ovis
1 Solution
btan

Hi Ovis,

Noted that this only happens on EMS server itself. By any chance do you have "Application Firewall" module installed during FCT installation?
Note that FW feature is not supported on Windows Server OS, there will be issues when the module is installed. Disabling the feature on endpoint profile is not sufficient.

If you had FW module installed, you may try re-install FCT without FW feature.

Refer: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/windows-release-notes/549781/product-integratio...

Regards,
Bon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
btan
Staff
Staff

Hi Ovis,

Is this happening to all FCTs or just only a few?

Are you connecting your FCT to EMS via internal network (private IP)?

-Run CMD command to check if EMS-IP port 8013 is reachable from the endpoint:

telnet ems-ip 8013 <-- replace ems-ip with actual EMS IP

-Run CMD to check if there is third party Antivirus:

WMIC /Node:localhost /Namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 Path AntiVirusProduct Get displayName /Format:List

Regards,
Bon
Ovis
New Contributor

Hello @btan 

Thank you for the answer. 

I already did these checks before posting here
The problem manifests itself only on Windows Server, on the server where EMS is installed. On a network computer, Forti client remains connected
For connection I use an invitation code , once connected it shows me the correct private server IP 10.0.0.170:8013
The port 8013 is open, and I don't have any antivirus / firewall, actually this is the reason why I want to use Forti client, because I don't have a paid antivirus for this server.

I obtained a trial license

Ovis
Ovis
btan

Hi Ovis,

Noted that this only happens on EMS server itself. By any chance do you have "Application Firewall" module installed during FCT installation?
Note that FW feature is not supported on Windows Server OS, there will be issues when the module is installed. Disabling the feature on endpoint profile is not sufficient.

If you had FW module installed, you may try re-install FCT without FW feature.

Refer: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/windows-release-notes/549781/product-integratio...

Regards,
Bon
Ovis
New Contributor

It Works .

Thank you a lot 

Ovis
Ovis
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors