Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NicolasBasileu
New Contributor II

EMS Internal Error

Hello,
We installed EMS server (7.2.0) in HA mode.
We installed client version in 7.2.0 (generated by the server himself).
When we try to subscribe to the Telemetry/management server we have an error : "EMS internal error"
We tried to set the public domaine name of the EMS server and we also try the invitation code. Same error message for both.
We tried from other version of Forticlient (7.0.8) we still have the same error message "EMS internal error"
We tried also to disable both, antivirus and firewall from servers but we still have the same error message from Forticlient.
Can somebody help us here on this ?
Thx, 

8 REPLIES 8
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Are you able to telnet to the EMS IP and port (8013 by default) from the client machine? Trying to isolate if network issue is resulting in the error?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

NicolasBasileu

Hello,

Yes I can. From my DMZ directly. And from Internet (DNAT in place and working)

srajeswaran

Can you try using a different username/password while connecting to the telemetry service. Try creating a new user for testing and then check.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

NicolasBasileu

Mmmh,

What do you mean ?

I have no login/password field. Just have the IP address of the management server to enter then connect button.

NicolasBasileu

I have a feedback from Fortinet support :

"The issue is reported as BUG and fixed in 7.2.1. It is schedule to be release in second week of June unless any change."

Indeed, I'm in 7.2.0 version. Wait and see then. Thx for the help anyway.

srajeswaran

okay, do you see any logs related to this machine on EMS under "Ädministration>Log Viewer"?

Regards,

Suraj

srajeswaran

thats great news. Lets wait for the new version.

Regards,

Suraj

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors