Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mike_P
New Contributor II

Dynamic VPN to VIP NAT

Hello everyone, Michael here. I am new to Fortinet. I have a Fortigate 30E and I am trying to setup a unique network that my company already has in use on Cisco and Cradlepoint.

I will be using a Cisco router as a HUB at our corp office. Each remote Fortinet device will establish a Dynamic VPN to the Cisco router. The default NAT policy will be disabled. The LAN of the Fortinet will have a company registered /24 public network, the same network will be used at every site. The public /24 LAN network needs to NAT to a private /24 VIP network. Each site will have a different private VIP network. The Private VIP network will use the Dynamic VPN to get to the company infrastructure.

With the Cisco remote routers we are using ezvpn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
David_Mary
New Contributor

VPN Interface NAT PoolCreate NAT Pool Interfaces in a VPN

Use the VPN Interface NAT Pool template for all vEdge routers, to create Network Address Translation (NAT) pools of IP addresses in virtual private networks (VPNs). To configure NAT pool interfaces in a VPN using vManage templates:

[ol]
  • Create a VPN Interface NAT Pool template to configure Ethernet interface parameters, as described in this article.
  • Create a VPN feature template to configure parameters for a service-side VPN. See the VPN help topic.
  • Optionally, create a data policy to direct data traffic to a service-side NAT. See Create a Device Template.[/ol] Create and Name a VPN Interface NAT Pool Template

You can open a new VPN Interface NAT Pool template from the Service VPN section of a device template.

[ol]
  • From the vManage menu, select Configuration > Templates.
  • Click Feature.
  • Click Add Template.
  • Select a vEdge device from the list.
  • From the VPN section, click VPN Interface NATPool.[/ol]

The VPN Interface NATPool template form displays. The top of the form contains fields for naming the template, and the bottom contains fields for defining VPN Interface NAT Pool parameters.

• Wellyx Gym Management Software
    shradha123
    New Contributor

, you create a route-based IPsec VPN tunnel, as well as configure both source and destination NAT, to allow transparent communication between two overlapping networks that are located behind different FortiGates.

In this example, one FortiGate will be referred to as HQ and the other as Branch. They both have 192.168.1.0/24 in use as their internal network (LAN), but both LANs need to be able to communicate to each other through the IPsec tunnel.

Project Office Registration
    emnoc
    Esteemed Contributor III

the same network will be used at every site

Why do that  in the 1st place? Since you have to NAT it to begin with? Just stick  rfc1918 in if your NAT'ting the block to begin. K.I.S.S Keep It Straight and Simple. It sounds like you design is flaw or bad from the out the gate or maybe I'm missing something.

On the DYNAMIC VPN, make sure to use  a peer-group per each remote spoke. I.e FQDN or email would be my choice

peer1 == per1.yourdomain.com  --DNS

peer2== peer2@yourdomain.com   --email

peer3 == peer3    --DNS or string

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
    Ebizfilling111
    New Contributor

Create NAT Pool Interfaces in a VPN

Use the VPN Interface NAT Pool template for all vEdge routers, to create Network Address Translation (NAT) pools of IP addresses in virtual private networks (VPNs).
    To configure NAT pool interfaces in a VPN using vManage templates:

1. Create a VPN Interface NAT Pool template to configure Ethernet interface parameters, as described in this article.
    2. Create a VPN feature template to configure parameters for a service-side VPN. See the VPN help topic.
    3. Optionally, create a data policy to direct data traffic to a service-side NAT. See Create a Device Template.

LLC Incorporation in Delaware, USA

How to start a Pharmaceutical Business in India

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors