Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
madson_nogueira
New Contributor

Duplicate Objects

I have a firewall with some duplicate objects, someone knows a way to generate a list of all the objects to be easier to identify and remove these objects?
4 REPLIES 4
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Welcome to the forums. What do you mean by duplicate objects? Firewall address objects? Email black/white list objects? User objects? etc.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
madson_nogueira
New Contributor

What do you mean by duplicate objects?
would actually firewall address objects that were created by distraction more than once - with the same ip but different names
Victor
New Contributor III

Ultraedit might be able to do it by itself or in conjunction with their sister product Ultracompare. What I did was search for all lines containing " set subnet " . I had the option show all lines checked. I then clicked on the clipboard, created a new document & pasted the lines in. In that new document, I used advanced sort and made sure that remove duplicates wasn' t checked. I set the first sorting field to 20 and 51 (go through your list to confirm!) and clicked on sort. I then copied the contents of that document into a new document & performed the same sort a second time but this time told it to remove duplicates. At this point, as I have the ultraedit suite, I saved the two documents & then launched Ultracompare & opened them. I then clicked on show me only the differences. The first doc showed me the duplicate lines. I copied each line & went back to ultraedit and did a search asking it to show each line. I then clicked on each result to take me to the section in the config & the line above gave me the unique name. As I said, ultraedit has some compare features built in & may be able to do it all internally. Equally, another text editor on steroids might fit the bill as well. Hope this helps. Victor
madson_nogueira
New Contributor

Very valuable information, thank you for all the effort I now excel
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors