Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jakofall
New Contributor

Dropping pings on Internal Interface

Have Fortigate 80C and dropping pings on internal interface of this FW. How do I troubleshoot this issue without reloading the FW?

5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Could you please be more specific?

Which firmware are you using?

What are the settings in "Network > Interface > internal", have you allowed ping?

What do you mean with "reloading" - "rebooting"? Why would you consider this as a strategy?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
jakofall

Yes I can.

The firmware I am using is "V5.0 build0310 with GA Patch 11". The internal interface allows PING, HTTPS, SSH, SNMP, FMG-Access and CAPWAP.

I called Fortinet support and explained that the 80C was directly connected to a switch and a Cisco Router with my one PC with three CMD windows running ICMP to internal interface of the 80c, Cisco router and switch. I can see with all three windows up that the 80c was dropping at most 1 ms pings within 20 pings. The support engineer without even trying to webex to my PC to verify told me to reload the 80c.

Becmade
New Contributor

Have you enable the ping on the interface from system interface?

jakofall

Yes. The internal interfaces is receiving and responding to pings but here and there, are a few dropped pings. I don't know if the issue is in the virtual switch or in the hardware. My foresee options are:

1. Reload the 80c

2. Perform hardware test (HQIP).

Becmade

Did you arleady check the layer 2 ? speed and negotiation on switch interface and firewall did you check for crc or something like that? in case you have done that and already changed the patch cord may be hqip is a good option

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors