Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HAMZATB
New Contributor II

Donwload Product's VMs

Hello,

Kindly, we want to download the Fortinet VMs for the following products : Fortigate, Fortiswitch, FortiSIEM... to build a test lab

Could anyone guide us how to download it and how to get demo licenses,

BR

2 Solutions
Sam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You should be able to create an account on the Fortinet support portal. From there you can download the VMs. Not all products have a free evaluation period when you deploy them. I would suggest reaching out to your local account team to discuss a proper evaluation. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate-private-cloud/7.2.0/kvm-administration-guide/504166/for...

Here's a tutorial on how to obtain evaluation license on FortiOS 7.2.1+ 

NSE8#3306

View solution in original post

lol
Staff
Staff

Hello,

> The VM should be at lease more that 1GB, could you please confirm?

The file size is about 80-90MB correct

But the image you want to download to install a fresh FortiGate from scratch is likely this one:

New deployment of FortiGate for VMware
FGT_VM64-v7.2.4.F-build1396-FORTINET.out.ovf.zip (86.73 MB)

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You should be able to create an account on the Fortinet support portal. From there you can download the VMs. Not all products have a free evaluation period when you deploy them. I would suggest reaching out to your local account team to discuss a proper evaluation. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate-private-cloud/7.2.0/kvm-administration-guide/504166/for...

Here's a tutorial on how to obtain evaluation license on FortiOS 7.2.1+ 

NSE8#3306
HAMZATB
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply,

I already accessed the support portal and download the files, but it seems not to be the correct VMs since the size is only 85MB

Fortigate.PNG

The VM should be at lease more that 1GB, could you please confirm?

Thanks,

Hamza

lol
Staff
Staff

Hello,

> The VM should be at lease more that 1GB, could you please confirm?

The file size is about 80-90MB correct

But the image you want to download to install a fresh FortiGate from scratch is likely this one:

New deployment of FortiGate for VMware
FGT_VM64-v7.2.4.F-build1396-FORTINET.out.ovf.zip (86.73 MB)

Regards

rtichkule
Staff
Staff

Hello Hamza,

Please refer below article which describes the procedure of FortiGate VM virtual appliance fresh installation, designed for VMware platform, using FortiGate OVF file.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Installation-of-FortiGate-VM-using-VMware-...

HAMZATB
New Contributor II

Dears, 

I downloaded and configured the Fortigate VM, but I couldn't find the  Fortiswitch OVF file, I found only *.out files,

Any idea where i can download the format that can be installed on vmware,

Thank you in advance

Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors