Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
r4ndom81
New Contributor II

Disconnects with Windows 11 PC / 5G Router

Hi,
i'm using Forticlient VPN  now since approx 1.5 years for work, without any problems.
Usually i connect over a DSL Line with a LAN-Cable connected to my Windows 10 PC.
Sometimes, due to provider problems, i also use a Mobile Data Card, which is operating in a 5G Router. It provides a Wifi net, which my W10 PC connects to and Forticlient also runs smoothly.

Recently, i got a second machine with Windows 11 installed. Over the "normal" house-Wifi everything also works but when i try to use the same 5G Router connection, which is still working on my Windows 10 machine, Forticlient connects and then always immediately disconnects. Tried also to connect the 5G Router with a cable, but same effect...

Maybe someone knows this kind of preoblems and may help. Would appreciate :)

Cheers

44 REPLIES 44
r4ndom81
New Contributor II

Hey,
i mean, they are not exactly the same machines, sorry if i gave false informations though, but they are both (now) Win10 PCs, so i thought its comparable.

In the working machine, its a "Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller" and in the non-working Minis Forum PC, its a "Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I226-V" Adapter.

From what i can see, the checked Entries in the Properties / Networking Tab, are the same. Didnt went through every single entry. Should i check some specific option here?

AEK

Hi

First suspect is driver (according to my experience). I'm not Windows expert bu if you can find how to downgrade the driver or search for another driver on Windows Update that would be fine.

On the other hand try to compare the two clients if they both have IPv6 enabled.

AEK
AEK
r4ndom81
New Contributor II

Yes they both have (in default config) IPv6 enabled.
Downgraded the Intel driver on the MiniPC also but with no luck. In addition even tested the Windows 11 first and then installed the ones from the Minis Forum (manufactor) site - as said newer and older version.

r4ndom81
New Contributor II

Some thought but maybe its not a thing:

on my other PC which is working with the 5G Router, the normal Ethernet Adapter is named "Ethernet" (1st device in the list) and the virtual Forticlient Adapters are named "Ethernet 3" and "Ethernet 4"...

On the non working Mini PC the virtual Forticlient Adpaters are named "Ethernet" and "Ethernet 2" and my normal Adpater is named "Ethernet3". Is this order somehow important?

r4ndom81
New Contributor II

tested different namings/orders now, didnt made any difference :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors