Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pr3da
New Contributor

Disabled Fortigate Interfaces

I tried disabling 1 interface of another admin computer in Fortigate GUI but it accidently disabled mine too, I couldn't reconnect with changing interfaces, even the console interface didn't work, am I required to reset the device ? 

2 Solutions
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

For my knowledge modifying LAN/WAN/Management interfaces should not affect console port. You should be able to connect via console and revert interface settings. Can you please elaborate what you are referring to by console interface?

FortiGate

View solution in original post

fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @pr3da ,

On which FortiGate model you disabled those interfaces? And which interfaces? Please provide more details.
I agree with my colleague @abarushka , console port should be not affected by that change. Please double check the console port settings:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-connect-to-the-FortiGate-console-po...

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

For my knowledge modifying LAN/WAN/Management interfaces should not affect console port. You should be able to connect via console and revert interface settings. Can you please elaborate what you are referring to by console interface?

FortiGate
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @pr3da ,

On which FortiGate model you disabled those interfaces? And which interfaces? Please provide more details.
I agree with my colleague @abarushka , console port should be not affected by that change. Please double check the console port settings:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-connect-to-the-FortiGate-console-po...

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
pr3da
New Contributor

thanks for the help, I just checked the console port settings and the problem is solved, it was Fortigate 40F

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors