Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jw-websensa
New Contributor

Disable forticlient autostart on Kubuntu 22.04

I am using Kubuntu 22.04 and it bothers me that fortitray (forticlient icon on system tray) is present event if I did not open forticlient. 

Is it possible to disable forticlient autostart?

1 Solution
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

You can remove fortitray from System Tray icons by clicking on 
Application Launcher --> search for "System Tray Settings - Plasma" --> go to Entries --> under Application Status you will find fortitray along with other applications.
Select "Always hidden" option to remove it from system tray.

If you want to completely disable Forticlient from autostarting, you have to disable forticlient service by using
sudo systemctl disable forticlient.service

Note: Please keep in mind that, if you want to run FortiClient again, you have to first start service with "sudo systemctl start forticlient.service" and then open FortiClient Console.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

You can remove fortitray from System Tray icons by clicking on 
Application Launcher --> search for "System Tray Settings - Plasma" --> go to Entries --> under Application Status you will find fortitray along with other applications.
Select "Always hidden" option to remove it from system tray.

If you want to completely disable Forticlient from autostarting, you have to disable forticlient service by using
sudo systemctl disable forticlient.service

Note: Please keep in mind that, if you want to run FortiClient again, you have to first start service with "sudo systemctl start forticlient.service" and then open FortiClient Console.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors