Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mahmood_Fraidoon
New Contributor

Disable Auto Startup

Hi I have upgraded my FortiClient from version 4 to 5. now, whenever I start my machine I get a pop up screen that FortiClient recently updated itself. is there a way to disable Forticlient from starting up at login? I' m not able to stop the service.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Hi, Mohmood, What OS do you use? From which version of FortiClient did you upgrade, and upgrade to what version? It seems wrong that FortiClient always pop up " it updated itself" . Can you post a screenshot of that pop-up?
Mahmood_Fraidoon
New Contributor

Hi Chris I' m using Windows 7. As stated in my original post, I have upgraded my Forticlient from version 4 to 5.0.7.333 (latest version) Attached is screenshot of the message
Chris_Lin_FTNT

The upgrade process might have screwed up when replacing drivers. Could you find out setupapi.dev.log and setupapi.app.log in c:\windows\inf, and report problem to forticlient-feedback@fortinet.com ?
Chris_Lin_FTNT

As a workaround for now, maybe you can first backup you current config, then uninstall FortiClient, after reboot, install the latest FortiClient and import your config.
Mahmood_Fraidoon
New Contributor

I have re-installed FortiClient and my problem got resolved. Thank you Chris.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors