Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Riggie
New Contributor III

Different icons for FortiGate SSL VPN users, what does it mean?

Hello,

We offer a SSL VPN for our clients. They all connect the same way through the FortiClient application and use two-factor authentication (FortiToken). Some users do have a different icon when using the account dashboard. Is there documentation available what these icons mean?

Firewall_Overview_Users_SSL.png

As you can see in the image above one user has a blue-ish icon. It's in the same group and has about the same usage and connection time as user #3. We're running firmware 7.2.x.

9 REPLIES 9
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Riggie,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Riggie
New Contributor III

Thanks @Anthony_E,

I tried using Google to find an answer but couldn't find answer yet. Hopefully you're able to find something!

Riggie
New Contributor III

@Anthony_EDid you manage to find something?

ebilcari

you can check the users via CLI using this command:

#diag firewall auth list

It looks like it have to do with the authentication source:

Icon -> Local user.
Blue icon -> Remote user, LDAP or Radius.

There is also this explanation but it's more for local LAN devices: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Color-of-Human-Shape-Icon-Meaning/m-p/28105/highligh...

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Riggie
New Contributor III

Hello @ebilcari,

Thanks for your reply. The weird thing is that we only have LDAP users and that only some (a real small percentage) get the blue icon.

Riggie
New Contributor III

Hello @ebilcari @Anthony_E 

I've used the command you've shared in your post, and I see one difference if a user has another icon: the inactivity flag.

Is it possible that the icon changes if a users activity changes to 'idle'?

overview_users.pngdiag_firewall.pngIs there a known list of icons for future reference?

ebilcari

Thanks for sharing your findings [idled: 1 -> blue]. I couldn't find a documentation that includes all the icons and their meanings.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I m sorry I m still on it! I will push today and I come back to you before tomorrow!

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
funkylicious
Contributor III

Hmm, if I recall correctly when I saw something like this was because some users were created locally, some where from AD/LDAP .

geek
geek
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors