Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
localhost
Contributor III

Different Timezone for reports

Hi

Is it possible to define a different timezone for a report?

Right now it will always use the timezone of the fortianalyzer.

We want to send reports to branches in different timezones, and use their local time in the report.

And also use a specific local time range, like 'yesterday'.

Brgds

Sander

1 Solution
hzhao_FTNT

Hi Sander, what's your faz version? From 5.2.2, you don't have to worry about local DB issue, system will do it for you. For your question, I think it can be done by XML APIs. "setFazConfig" will allow you change timezone, "runFazReport" will generate a report for you. If you are not familiar with it, please contact our local SE.

Regards,

Huai Zhao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Sander,

It is not possible to do it on GUI. Since the local DB server has to be restarted when you switch timezone, you have to manually select it before report running.

Regards,

hz

localhost

Hi hz

So you suggest, changing the timezone of the FortiAnalyzer, restart local DB Server and then generate the report and change it back to the original timezone and restart the local db again?

Would you use the FortiManager to run such a script on the FortiAnalyzer?

rgds

Sander

hzhao_FTNT

Hi Sander, what's your faz version? From 5.2.2, you don't have to worry about local DB issue, system will do it for you. For your question, I think it can be done by XML APIs. "setFazConfig" will allow you change timezone, "runFazReport" will generate a report for you. If you are not familiar with it, please contact our local SE.

Regards,

Huai Zhao

localhost

Hey Huai

We're are using a FAZ1000D with 5.2.3.

Didn't even know Forti Products had an XML API. Very cool.

Although Strange that I don't find the XML API Reference where it supposed to be imho: http://docs.fortinet.com/fortianalyzer/.

But I guess, I've enough information to try now.

Thanks a lot!

Brgds

Sander

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors