Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ita-rl
New Contributor

Difference in bandwidth graph readings

In FortiGate Web GUI, there is a bandwidth graph (24 hours) for WAN interface. After registering in FortiCloud, there is also bandwidth graph (24 hours) for WAN interface in FortiGate Cloud. But, the readings shown in both graph are not the same. Why ?  The firmware version of FortiGate is 6.4.x 

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Look closer at the scale. One is Mbps, another is MB. FortiGate Cloud just gets log information from the FGT and calculate the amount of traffic based on the log and sums them up based on the interface. So it's not really "bandwidth" but it shows "amount of traffic went through on the FortiGate Cloud side.

Toshi

ita-rl

FortiGate Web GUI, the bandwidth graph scale of WAN interface is Mbps. FortiGate Cloud, the bandwidth graph scale of WAN interface is bps. FortiGate Cloud -> FortiView -> Summary -> Bandwidth Widget. Can you check the location that I mention in FortiGate Cloud  ? I am looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I didn't know they changed the presentation at FortiCloud. So I don't know what it represents now. The trend of graph now looks similar but the scale don't seem to match. You need to wait somebody from FTNT to respond or open a ticket at TAC.

ita-rl
New Contributor

Is there anybody from FTNT can reply my enquiry ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors