Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
taieb
New Contributor

Difference between FortiADC D and E series

Hi all, 

I'am looking for FortiADC and I found two series D and E but i can't find the main difference between them, can any one help? 

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Courtney_Schwartz

If you have specific requirements, I can give more specific info. They are totally different hardware platforms, and run totally different OSes. So the list of differences is long.

At a high level... Many people say that the OS for FortiADC D is easier to learn how to configure. The OS for D platform also supports FortiADC VM. FortiADC E is the more mature OS, however, and currently has a more true-to-industry implementation of global load balancing.

taieb
New Contributor

Thank you Courtny for your response.

Requirement are quite simple, I am looking for a replacement of an existing barracuda balancer 340 that is now loadbalancing between 2 public servers having a service runing on TCP Protocol.

I have also new web servers to put on cluster, so I need more that 2 ports. The new charge have to be twice the charge actually supported by barracuda 340.

taieb
New Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately partners in Tunisia didn't seems to have a knowledge in FortiACD product.

Courtney_Schwartz

It sounds like either ADC works then. Depending on the web app & number of data centers, one could be better, though.

Are you in touch with a sales engineer or channel partner? They can go on site with you: double check for any special applications / topology, and talk about any plans you want to make to scale for future growth. (That definitely impacts which model you choose.)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors