Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ejhardin
Contributor

DiffServ DSCP

All, I would like someone to set me straight. I have enabled DSCP values on my firewall polices that span across our MPLS. I was reading this KB doc and was wondering if the second paragraph is still true on 4.3.6. I currently do not have any protection profiles enabled and would like to enable IPS and application control but not if it is going to reset my DSCP vaules to 0x00. Anyone else using DSCP over an MPLS? " If a protection profile is enabled, the FortiGate acting as a transparent proxy will create a new TCP session from itself to the destination device where the IP Packets have the DSCP field set to 0." http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=13587&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_KCARTICLE_1_1&dialogID=30846633&stateId=0%200%2030848001
2 REPLIES 2
ejhardin
Contributor

Anyone? Fortinet?
ejhardin
Contributor

FYI, I have done a few test and the packet capture shows that it does not reset the DSCP vaule. Still would like to know if anyone else out there is using DSCP?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors