Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Charl_Schippers
New Contributor

Dialup IPSEC

Hello, We have problems with the Forticlient vpn to make the IPSEC Dialup connection. We can make a connection, but we didn' t receive an ipaddress on the client, and then the connection is broken. We upgrade the Fortigate from MR3 Patch 6 to Patch 11 to patch 15, and we did the upgrade to OS5 Ga 4. Before the upgrade the dialup ipsec works fine, but after the upgrade it isn' t working? What is the problem, and how can we resolve this. Regards, Charl
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Hard to tell from this little information...but AFAIK v5 Forticlient uses the FGT side configuration method. In 4.3, you can still use the regular way to configure the client. I have this running with the 4.3.5 client with no problems. Only that it annoys with frequent update pop-ups. v5 FC didn' t work.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Charl_Schippers
New Contributor

Hi Ede, Did you install the Forticlient 4.3.5 client on a workstation and the connection Ipsec Dialup works without any problems ? We had the FC 4.1.x.x running, and this version also didn' t work to connect to de Fortigate 5. Regards,
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

oops, I' ve overlooked the last part of your sentence. No, I didn' t want to upgrade to FOS v5, and still do not. I run 4.3.15 with FC and have no problems at all.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors