Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Aigarz
New Contributor

Device firmware inconsistent with ADOM version

Hello, Having a new deployment with couple of dozen FGates +FMG. FG300c – v5.0,build0128 (GA) FMG 200d – v5.0-build0076 121101 (GA) ADOM version is set to 5.0 As it’s a new installation – figured out to roll straight with the newest FortiOS. When adding Fortigate to the appropriate ADOM following warning pops „The device' s firmware version is inconsistent with the current ADOM version.” Overall I can still configure the device via FMG, but some strange and awkward things happen – some config doesn’t install to the FG. Some checkboxes unsets by themselves. (eg. By choosing UTM web filtering profile to use FortiGuard categories. The checkbox is gone after policy install to FG). There are some knobs I even can’t get to configure From FMG (eg. Realtime log export to FMG). If I set it by hand straight from the device – FMG just resets it on next configuration install. It appears to me that this ADOM version inconsistency makes all those troubles. Is there something I’m missing? Because at this point managing 20+ Fortigates with FMG might turn into mess 
3 REPLIES 3
Rob_Fugate
New Contributor

Do you upgrade the device before or after adding to the manager? I have had this issue in the past, but only when unboxing a new device that has been sitting on the shelf with older firmware running.
Aigarz
New Contributor

FG was updated to 5.0 before adding to FMG. Btw FG300c s running in HA. Will go back to testing after holidays.
Aigarz
New Contributor

Apparently when I do a request from FG unit and then accept it within FMG - error appears. However when the device is added from FMG - it goes away (which is preferred according to manual). Now while playing around, noticed a bug with ADOMs. Once you add " backup" adom. It is visible only for the particular login session. If I do a relog all backup adoms disappear from list. And even when they are visible. There are some glitches with the content pane option window.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors