Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rsmayer
New Contributor

Device Groups: Unable to remove all members.

FortiOS 5.0.9 and earlier. User & Device -> Device - Device Groups I created a custom device group and added several devices to the group in order to push a custom FortiClient config the group members. I now want to remove all the members from the custom group such that they no longer receive the custom FortiClient config, but rather receive the config associated with the default group. Using the gui and/or the CLI, I am unable to remove the last device from a device group or delete a device group. The GUI reports " Empty values are not allowed." . The CLI will not let me ' set member " " ' or unset member: fgfct-01 # config user device-group fgfct-01 (device-group) # edit LGS-FCT-Debug fgfct-01 (LGS-FCT-Debug) # set member " " entry not found in datasource value parse error before ' ' Command fail. Return code -3 fgfct-01 (LGS-FCT-Debug) # unset member fgfct-01 (LGS-FCT-Debug) # end Device group cannot be empty. object set operator error, -56 discard the setting Command fail. Return code -56 fgfct-01 # Rich Mayer LGS IT
Rich Mayer LGS Innovations
Rich Mayer LGS Innovations
1 REPLY 1
netmin
Contributor II

I can recreate the issue with a small test. The only thing that appears to work, is to delete the group from the list, when it is not referenced by anything else (as shown below). Alternativly, you can try to create a fake device, add it to the group, then remove the last real computer from this group, before investigating, if any policies are still referencing it.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors