Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Phil_Smith
New Contributor

Device Definition anomaly

Hello, I' m running a FG 40C at home (provided by work, so I can get more up to speed on it, do customer demos etc) and I' ve got a slight anomaly going on with the device definitions... I' m running some policies based on device type, and therefore rely on the FortiGate' s device recognition ' skills' to apply policies to the appropriate devices. Nothing out of the ordinary there. My wife and I have recently got new mobile contracts and have ended up with exactly the same phone (bit sad, but hey!) - Sony Xperia SPs. Both with the same provider, both running the same Android version (exactly) etc. However, my phone shows up as being an ' Android / 4.1.2' device (which is correct). My wifes phone shows up as being a ' JVM' device (which is also ' technically' correct as Android is, as far as I understand, a JVM based OS). However, because you can' t set up rules for JVM devices, it broke things for a while... For me, with a dozen or so devices to manage, this isn' t a problem. However, in an enterprise environment, this could cause problems if the same device (one which the enterprise may have standardised on) isn' t defined consistently in the FG. Anyone got any ideas what might be causing this (I' m not entirely sure what the FG device definition tech uses to decide what is what, but I' ve done the usual " upgrade code, browse the Internet, visit the Google Play Store" type things to give the FG the best chance to realise what the thing is!) Thanks, Phil
1 REPLY 1
DenisKhleb
New Contributor

The anomaly to the phenomenon of the hearing aid is the fact that not everyone with hearing loss uses one, despite its potential benefits. Some people may be resistant to the idea of using a hearing aid due to the perceived stigma attached to wearing one or the cost involved. Others may not realize they have hearing loss, or they may choose to adapt to their hearing loss instead of seeking treatment. Furthermore, some hearing aids may not be suitable for certain types or degrees of hearing loss. As a result, there is a significant discrepancy between the number of people who could benefit from hearing aids and those who actually use them. It's important to raise awareness about hearing loss and the benefits of using hearing aids, as well as to develop more accessible and affordable options to ensure that everyone who needs a hearing aid can access one. Visit our site 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors