Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CMS
New Contributor

Deny specific web pages

I' m fairly new to Fortigate webfiltering. So any advice is greatly appreciated. I have mix bag of firmware versions for a number of 110C' s and 310B' s. But, we can use version 5 for this question. I need to block access to a specific web page. Under my web filter profile, i' ve tried to create an entry under the Web Site Filter as a simple or wildcard type without success. So, how do i block access to a website that looks similar to the following: https://example.com/please/helpme/ I have scan encrypted connections and SSL inspection turned on. thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

with Wildcard success.

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5

Adrian_Buckley_FTNT

URL filtering is an exact match For simple, if you go to the website " example.com/please/helpme/" you need a simple that is exactly the same. " example.com" as a simple will not match " example.com/please/helpme/" . Wildcard allows you to use * which means " anything" . so " example.com/*" would match the " example.com/please/helpme/" and all other example.com URLs
CMS
New Contributor

Thanks for the help, I was able to accomplish what was needed.
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

Thanks for the help, I was able to accomplish what was needed.
How did you do.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors