Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CMS
New Contributor

Deny specific web pages

I' m fairly new to Fortigate webfiltering. So any advice is greatly appreciated. I have mix bag of firmware versions for a number of 110C' s and 310B' s. But, we can use version 5 for this question. I need to block access to a specific web page. Under my web filter profile, i' ve tried to create an entry under the Web Site Filter as a simple or wildcard type without success. So, how do i block access to a website that looks similar to the following: https://example.com/please/helpme/ I have scan encrypted connections and SSL inspection turned on. thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

with Wildcard success.
Tuncay BAS
RZK Muhendislik Turkey
FCA,FCP,FCF,FCSS
Tuncay BASRZK Muhendislik TurkeyFCA,FCP,FCF,FCSS
Adrian_Buckley_FTNT

URL filtering is an exact match For simple, if you go to the website " example.com/please/helpme/" you need a simple that is exactly the same. " example.com" as a simple will not match " example.com/please/helpme/" . Wildcard allows you to use * which means " anything" . so " example.com/*" would match the " example.com/please/helpme/" and all other example.com URLs
CMS
New Contributor

Thanks for the help, I was able to accomplish what was needed.
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

Thanks for the help, I was able to accomplish what was needed.
How did you do.
Tuncay BAS
RZK Muhendislik Turkey
FCA,FCP,FCF,FCSS
Tuncay BASRZK Muhendislik TurkeyFCA,FCP,FCF,FCSS
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors