Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiGator
New Contributor II

Deleting Address Object FortiManager

Hey all - running into an issue deleting an address object that was used in an IPSEC configuration. I was able to delete the tunnel completely successfully, but as last part of clean up was to remove the address object I created to reference in the tunnel configuration. When I go to delete the address object, I get an error stating "Failed to delete object due to the following reason: used - object is copied to VDOM xxxxxx-efw.root." Any idea how and where to remove the reference from the root VDOM? I do not have any per device mappings for this object so not sure where the reference is coming from. Any help is appreciated.

1 Solution
3 REPLIES 3
spoojary
Staff
Staff
FortiGator
New Contributor II

I will give this a try, thanks for the feedback. Will mark as solution if it works, but wont be until next week before I get to this.

chionki1
New Contributor

Additionally, the objects are not removed from FortiManager - if you decide you need to use them later, you won't have to recreate them when creating new policies and they will installed on the next push with an object requiring them.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors