Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Blankito
New Contributor

Delete Hardware Switch

Hello!

I have a Hardware Switch "internal" with two Physical Interfaces Members and I need one of the Physical Interface to create a new Phisical Vlan. It´s possible to remove one of thems , Could I have a Hardware Switch "internal" with only one physical interface? or... Could I delete the Hardware Switch "internal" ??

thanks

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi

On my FG60D w/ 5.4.4 below is working fine.

config system virtual-switch

edit "internal"

set physical-switch "sw0"

config port

edit "internal1"

next

end

next

end

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Once a physical interface like internal1 became a member of hard/soft switch interface like internal, you wouldn't be able to bind a vlan interface to the physical interface. You can only bind it to the parent interface. If you want to bind a vlan to only one physical interface, you have to separate it from the parent interface. If you want, you can have only one member under a hard switch interface(virtual-switch in CLI) like internal, or a soft switch.

Blankito
New Contributor

I finally deleted "internal" hardware Switch. After that the two physical interface of the hardware switch turned into independent physical interfaces.

Fortigates 60D need at least two physical interfaces per Hardware switch.

Thanks

Toshi_Esumi

On my FG60D w/ 5.4.4 below is working fine.

config system virtual-switch

edit "internal"

set physical-switch "sw0"

config port

edit "internal1"

next

end

next

end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors