Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kbar44
New Contributor

Delete FortiClient logs

Hello,

I want to delete FortiClient traffic logs stored on FortianAlyzer that are visible in Log View->Security->Fortclient_>Traffic. eventually all FortiClient logs.

Fortianalyzer v5.4.2-build1151 161213 (GA)

Fortclient v5.4

1 Solution
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

To delete log files, please go to Log View->Log Browse

To delete logs in DB, just rebuild ADOM under CLI after log files deleted: exe sql-local rebuild-adom <adom-name>

regards,

hz

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

To delete log files, please go to Log View->Log Browse

To delete logs in DB, just rebuild ADOM under CLI after log files deleted: exe sql-local rebuild-adom <adom-name>

regards,

hz

kbar44

Thanks,

but I have Administrative domain set to OFF. Here is output of command exe sql-local rebuild-adom ?

<adom>    Please input ADOM name: FortiCarrier FortiMail FortiAnalyzer FortiWeb FortiCache FortiClient Syslog FortiManager FortiSandbox FortiDDoS FortiAuthenticator root

Which option choose? exe sql-local rebuild-adom FortiAnalyzer or exe sql-local rebuild-adom root ?

regards

kbar44

kbar44
New Contributor

I do exe sql-local rebuild-adom root. Here is kb about rebuilding adom http://kb.fortinet.com/kb...do?externalID=FD36626.

kbar44
New Contributor

Success! Thank you for help

tsimeonov_FTNT

Hi, Amusing you would like to delete all FCTs' logs , it could be done from LogView/LogBrowse/<select ems log>->delete Please note a single EMS log may contain log messages of multiple FCT. By deleting EMS log file , you may delete logs from all depended FCTs.

GUI is also restricted to delete one log file at the time. If you need to delete multiple log files, the step needs to be repeated for each file

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors