Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
biz07
New Contributor

Default Routing On Management interface

I inherited a setup where an 800C is operating in routed mode. I have a default route pointing upstream to the internet and a default route pointing to our oobm gateway. Mgmt1 is set to "dedicated-to management". In the past to enable mgmt traffic like radius, logs and logins, static routes were added out the management 1 interface. Both default routes show up in the routing table and they both have an AD of 10. The priority on the Mgmt1 default gateway was set to 100. 

I have two concerns. One is that non-management traffic from the inside will occasionally choose the oobm default route and it will be dropped because no policy is defined/allowed. The second concern is that I still have to add routes pointing out the management interface for any management services (ie new log  or radius server).

So my question is, how can I configure something like Cisco's management VRFs? I imagine this would be an option but I'm having a hard time find any proper documentation. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors