Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jmezo
New Contributor

DPI and Student Chromebooks

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with DPI on student Chromebooks since upgrading to 6.2.1 from 5.6.8.  Since upgrading it seems that I have to push a security certificate to them now for them not to get the certificate warning. I never had to push a certificate to them before when using 5.6.8.  

I'm also seeing weird issues with site's like Google Drive not allowing access and our GoGuardian site not loading context menus properly until I change the SSL Inspection to Certificate inspection.

As of right now I'm leaving all of my firewall policies on Certificate Inspection, but I feel like the firewall misses a ton of HTTPS traffic with this method.  Has anyone run into issues like this with 6.2.1?  Any advice on how to proceed with turning DPI back on and not causing a storm of issues for my users?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
GrantWilson
New Contributor II

Hello, I had issues with access when I tried to make the end of year Chromebook collection (as a part of my GoGuardian Teacher plan). I tried to contact Chris Greene, but there was no reply. I need to do inventorying of students’ Chromebooks.

Access via: https://www.goguardian.com/blog/technology/how-to-easily-collect-school-chromebooks buy term paper

bouzekrivilla
New Contributor

You may need to update your Chromebook browser or install some Windows or MasOS updates. Strange errors such as context menu refusal to load occur when you don't update your system or the software. Students at asa miami are often reminded to update the system with banners and special student markings. DPI is an uncomplicated system, so everything will disappear after the upgrade. If even an update doesn't help, reinstall your Chromebook. GoGuardian can answer your questions in an email created for the helpdesk. I answered you because once I encountered a similar problem when I tried to do a data archive, and I got an error.

williamwill009
New Contributor

In my experience, the documentation does seem to be comprehensive, but the practical aspect can always bring its nuances. I would like to know if others have experienced any challenges during setup and how long the implementation process usually takes in terms of configuration. Also, knowing how important it is to have access to reliable information and support, I want to share a resource that has proven quite useful in my academic life. The site https://mypaperdone.com/college-paper-writing-services provides exceptional college paper writing assistance that has helped me improve my academic papers significantly. If you are looking for professional support with your research or projects, I recommend checking out their services. They may be able to provide you with the same valuable support as they have provided me.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors