Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gmab
New Contributor

DNS blocked

I have a fortigate 60F and sometimes i have block dns connection.

The connection is blocked by aplication control wich detects a network service and blocks it,but in aplication control network services are allowed.

As i was saying somentimes in logs a get a block message somentimes i get an allow message.I also made in dns a whitecard for that dns.

Network Service.PNGRule 1.PNGRule 2.PNGRule 3.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please attach the blocked log details as well for reference.

Best regards,

Jin

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @gmab,

Do you have any other security profiles enabled? If yes, can you check security event logs of those profiles? 

Regards, 

gmab
New Contributor

Hello ,Yes i have another policies enabled.Where can i see the log for each policy?Policies.PNG

Quint021
Staff
Staff

Hello @gmab,

From the left-hand menu on the GUI, navigate to Log & Report --> Security Events where the logs for each security profile should be visible per category. You can then apply filters in each category to trace the incident.

Reference: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.4/administration-guide/876272/security-events-log-p...

Kind Regards,

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors