Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jeff_the_Network_Guy
New Contributor III

DNS based routing

Is is possible to create a policy route based on DNS? We are setting up a new 300c running FortiOS 4.0 MR3 patch12. We have two internet connections. We want connection A to used for general browsing, and connection B to be used for more business related pursuits. The challenge is that the company we use for credit card processing uses the static IP of connection B as part of their security setup to verify that it is indeed us that is processing the transactions. Consequently I was looking to build a policy route that sends any traffic bound for the secure website of the credit card processor out connection B, while keeping users' other web traffic on Connection A. I know if can do this with the IP of credit card processor, but I wanted to see if I could do it with the DNS name in case the processor makes changes on their end.
----------------(-- Jeff
----------------(-- Jeff
1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Policy based routing or even static invoves; <any_ip&any_netmask> Any ip and Any mask So you have no means to install a dns A name. What you could do is specify the credit-card proccessor subnet(s). That would pbr to that dst/port and specify the individuals or devices on your side. i.e config router policy edit 5 set input-device " WEB_NET01" set dst 19x.2x6.xx4.0 255.255.255.0 set protocol 6 set gateway 38.xx.xx.3 next end

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors