Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
theG
New Contributor III

DLP watermarking in v5.4.1 ??

Hi guys,

I have a customer who needs to block a specific excel file from leaving their network. We have v5.4.1 running on their firewall and I'm busy reading up on DLP and came across the watermarking feature / option, but I do not find it anywhere in the GUI. must this be enabled in CLI or has this been removed from 5.4? they still mention it in the FortiOS 5.4.0 Handbook - Security Profiles.

Is there another way I can go about creating the DLP filter for this specific Excel file? bearing in mind anybody could potentially rename the file as well...

thanks,

theG

1 Solution
theG
New Contributor III

figured it out...in case anyone else stumbles onto this issues.

Watermarking not available in the GUI. Pg44 in the v.5.4 CLI reference provides steps on how to setup watermarking for DLP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
theG
New Contributor III

figured it out...in case anyone else stumbles onto this issues.

Watermarking not available in the GUI. Pg44 in the v.5.4 CLI reference provides steps on how to setup watermarking for DLP.

telecosistem
New Contributor

Remember that the watermark DLP option only works with these extensions:  .txt .pdf .doc .xls .ppt .docx .pptx .xlsx and I think that is necessary a watermarking software.

Best regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors