Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
markbkk88
New Contributor

DLP Menus(sensors, document fingerprinting, file filtering) missing

Dear Forum - has anyone seen this before.

I have the following Firewalls and Firmware and would like to add a sensor to block .zip file extension but on all units the DLP menus are missing.

No Sensor Menu

No Document fingerprinting Menu

No file filtering Menu

Firmware 5.2.3 Fortigate 60C

Firmeware 5.2.3 Fortigate 60C

Firmeware 5.2.2 Fortigate 80C

Can anyone suggest reasons why the menus are missing and even better suggest actions on how to enable them.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Please go to System > Config > Features switch DLP to ON and hit Apply

markbkk88

Thanks for the quick response . This option is already enabled.

When I disable it the DLP menu disappears. When i enable it again the DLP menu appears but the sub menus(sensors, document fingerprinting, file filtering) do not.

Any more ideas?

AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello markbkk88,

Please find attached the screenshot below. I hope it helps.

AtiT

AtiT
markbkk88
New Contributor

Good morning atiT ...thanks for the response....

please see my attached screenshot....

missing the DLP Fingerfingerprint.

When I block by file type .zip .....it also blocks other compressed files like .xlsx, docx.....etc

I would like to create a sensor to block by file extension ie .zip, .exe etc ....but i do not have the sensor menu in DLP to do this.

Your help is appreciated

AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I am not sure whether the FGT-60C has this option - probably smaller units have some features disabled - But I cannot confirm that. Maybe someone else can.

MS Office files like docx, xlsx... everything with "x" are basically ZIP files.

Try to rename some docx or xlsx file to zip and you will see folders and XML files in it.

In your case I sugges to use the file pattern *.zip instead of the file type Archive(zip).

AtiT

AtiT
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

AtiT wrote:

I am not sure whether the FGT-60C has this option - probably smaller units have some features disabled - But I cannot confirm that. Maybe someone else can.

The 60C has the exact same options as your screenshot FYI

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors