Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiHelp
New Contributor

DID (Direct Inward Dialing) number override by main number in SIP trunk for outgoing call

Dears ,

We have configured a SIP trunk on the Fortivoice. Everything is OK; the system is receiving and making calls over the SIP trunk. There is a problem in outbound calls where the system overrides the DID number with the SIP trunk main number. I have checked with SIP provider they informed me that there is nothing to do from their side and it's Fortivoice problem.

Fortivoice Firmware version:6.4.8 and 7.0.1

Any help?

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you already configured the DID mapping for the outgoing and also configured the extension with External number, then you need to configure the SIP trunk with "Caller ID priority rule" so it will check the extension External caller ID or the Outbound DID mapping.

To configure the SIP trunk with this option, please follow the below:

1- Go to Trunk > VOIP, then select your SIP trunk.

2- Expand Caller ID Option.

3- Then configure it as below:

From header: Caller ID priority rule

P-Asserted-Identity header: Caller ID priority rule

After this configuration, it suppose to send the DID number for the outbound calls.

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby
FortiHelp

Dear Mohammad,

I have configured DID mapping for outgoing without configuring the external number per extension. 

What is the solution in this case? or I must do both to make a feature work.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors