Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TheDavidFactor
New Contributor

DHCP reservations

I'm trying to replace a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter-X with a FortiGate 60E.

I'm running into a problem with the DHCP configuration:

The network is a 172.22.0.0/16 configured with device grouping, but not with VLANs. So for example Access Points are 172.22.1.100 - .150, desktops are 172.22.0.x, unknown devices (i.e. someone's personal laptop or phone) is 172.22.10.x

This was handled on the ERX by having a dhcp address range of 172.22.10.1-254 with reservations outside that range for all known devices. (I've also seen it done in similar ways on Windows DHCP servers)

However when I tried to configure the DHCP server on the 60E it wouldn't let me add reservations outside the dhcp range. So I thought I'd add ranges for each group of known devices, but the 60E doesn't let me add more than three ranges.

Is this configuration just not possible on the FortiGate or am I doing something wrong?

1 REPLY 1
TheDavidFactor
New Contributor

I thought I might have found a way to do it, but nope.

I changed the ip-range to the entire subnet (172.22.0.1 - 172.22.255.254) and added exclude-range to excluded everything except my unknown device range (172.22.10.1-254), however I still couldn't create a reservation for an ip in the excluded range so back to square one...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors