Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
papapuff
New Contributor II

DHCP not work

hi there, need help please. we use FG 100D. I have set for the interface 1 as a dhcp server (thicked), declare IP range for dhcp. here summary setup: IP for Interface 1 = 192.168.1.1 secondary ip addres = 192.168.100.1 DHCP range: 192.168.100.2 - 192.168.100.5 then I save. I try to client, but client can' t get auto IP. need help. thanks.
14 REPLIES 14
Aury
New Contributor

Hello, I need help urgently, currently DHCP option is activated on Fortigate 310B, however, none of the client machines are able to obtain an IP address, thus failing to connect entirely. This ocurred before and rebooting the Fortigate fixed it, but last time, after rebooting, the service was completely down on the Fortigate.
papapuff
New Contributor II

Hi Aury, I' m not expert. But perhaps I can help you. - what is your IP segment for that interface? - how you determine IP range for DHCP? - is the administrative status UP?
Fatih
New Contributor

Hi, Can you test as follows. config system dhcp server edit 0 set auto-configuration disable set default-gateway 192.168.100.1 set dns-service default set interface " INTERFACE NAME" config ip-range edit 1 set end-ip 192.168.100.170 set start-ip 192.168.100.153 next end set lease-time 300 set netmask 255.255.255.0 next end
FCNSA / FCNSP
FCNSA / FCNSP
FortiLearner
New Contributor III

Hi Papapuff,

The IP address of the interface is not is the same network as the DHCP provding

In the image provided the interface is 192.168.1.1 and the DHCP scope is 192.168.100.X

The Firewall is trying to assign the DHCP range to the devices connecting to 192.168.1.1.

In order to correct this you will need to assign a interface/VLAN with the ip address 192.168.100.X if you are making the gateway a router or switch.

If you making the firewall the gateway then you need to assign 192.168.100.1.

Also if you are upgrading a firewall in the same version but a new patch there should be no need to do changes on the firewall, all should remain the same.

Regards,

Learner

rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Have you tried un-checking the box next to the default gateway option in the DHCP server setup? You may then specify the gateway of the secondary IP.

Try that one out.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors