Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

DHCP forwarding in transparent mode?

I have setup in tansparent mode: workstation -> Fortigate ->Pix firewall -> Internet The problem I have is that the Pix is my dhcp server. Workstations behind FG cant get addresses. I thouight transparent mode was bridging and dhcp would be bridged. I' ve tried broadcast-forward enabled on both internal and wan1 interfaces but no luck. I also tried arpforward. In the doc it shows a dhcp relay feature but I dont see it listed as an option in transparent mode. Does anyone know how to make this work? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

I found the answer in another post. For DHCP to function across a FG in transparent mode, the inside and outside interfaces require the first rule to allow dhcp from any to any.
laf
New Contributor II

Thank you for sharing mate! I was wandering what Fortigate model you have, and what PIX model, too? Can t you get rid of PIX? You will get a smaller delay value for your network and less points of failure ;).

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors