Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Goczku
New Contributor

DHCP entries has gone

Hello!

I have DHCP Server enabled on 'internal' interface [Hardware switch] at Fortigate 60E, FortiOS 6.2.0 build0866 (GA).

I had ca. 100 entries at 'IP Address Assignment Rules' and I wanted to check my VOIP phones addresses so I searched them by the IP '10.100.250.' I got list, check what I wanted to check and click OK at the bottom of site. Next time I entered this site I had only those 8 entries and no chance to get my other entries back. I cleared colums filters and so on, nothing works.

How can I get my entries back? I have backup, so not a big problem, but I want to prevent this in future.

Filtering deletes other entries? Bug or normal behavior?

Greetings!

1 Solution
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

It may be possible a compatible web browser issue - you can confirm those IP leases are still there from the CLI by typing exec dhcp lease-list or show system dhcp server.

If the the static IP leases do show up in the CLI, but not the GUI try using a different web browser. 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

View solution in original post

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

It may be possible a compatible web browser issue - you can confirm those IP leases are still there from the CLI by typing exec dhcp lease-list or show system dhcp server.

If the the static IP leases do show up in the CLI, but not the GUI try using a different web browser. 

Goczku

Thanks for Your answer.

I think there must be some bug in DHCP list.

I filtered my list again to see VOIP gates/phones by the IP address. I edited one entry. Then I cleared all filters, I saw all DHCP entries. After I clicked OK at the bottom of site, came back to DHCP list I saw VOIP devices only.

Also after use 'show system dhcp server' at CLI I see VOIPs only :\

----

I made antoher test, I filtered by the IP address to see IP cameras. After check only, no changes made everything is ok. But when I changed one camera name, cleared filters, save changes I see only cameras after went back to DHCP list [also in CLI]

----

Third test. I filtered by the name 'kam', listed all cameras, changed one camera name, cleared filters [all 96 entries present], clicked OK at the bottom, went back to DHCP list, only 8 entries with 'kam' in name present also in CLI.

Thanks and greetings!

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

I have encountered a similar "bug" when adding/changing an DHCP reservation from the GUI from a large list of entries, over a 100.  Either the entire list disappears or the change isn't accepted.    This is using Firefox and firmware was on 5.2 and maybe later on 5.4.  Workaround we discover was to use the DHCP monitor or CLI to make changes.   Do keep in mind that the DHCP reservation limit is something like (what?) 200-250 per VDOM for certain models.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors