Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GusTech
Contributor II

DHCP Server limit

Hi, i have a big problem. We have a lot of interfaces and need a DHCPServer on each interface. I have now setup and running 40 DHCP Servers. When i trying to create 40 -> 41 i getting this message: " ERROR: Maxiumum numers of entries has been reached" HOW CAN I EXTEND THIS LIMIT? Fortigate 100D in HA, Firmware Version v4.0,build4183,120615

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
3 REPLIES 3
GusTech
Contributor II

I see that the limit is set to 40 in the fortigate-max-value matrix. But, i only have 2-3 leases in each interface. And the 100D should not have any problem with handling this..

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

haven' t looked it up but is 40 the " per-VDOM" limit or the " system" limit? If the former, you could maybe get away with creating another VDOM.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
GusTech

haven' t looked it up but is 40 the " per-VDOM" limit or the " system" limit? If the former, you could maybe get away with creating another VDOM.
Hi, yes its 40/VDOM. Yes, maybe that could be a last way to go.. TY. Else i need to setup a own server just 4 DHCP service.. That is stupid, and that will also make this HA solution not so good as it is now. :\

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors