Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

DHCP Server in Transparent mode

Hi, I have a Fortigate 80c between a LAN and two ISP routers. All three present Ethernet 192.168.1.x to the Fortigate, so its configured for transparent mode. It will also need to be a DHCP server for the LAN. Is this possible in transparent mode?
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

I know by default you can' t have a DHCP server on a device with no advertised IP address (and doesn' t NAT on the network), but is there a work around for this, or will I need to create a DHCP server on a different device? thanks
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

No DHCP server in transparent mode. Full stop. workaround (just the necessary steps, no details): you can define virtual firewalls on your Fortigate, called VDOMs. You are using the ' root' VDOM now. Create one more VDOM, put it in NAT/routing mode and define one interface with an IP in the LAN IP range. Connect this interface to the LAN side of your network. Define a DHCP server on the ' routing' VDOM. For details see either the Admin Guide or the new FortiOS Handbook.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Not applicable

yep, that makse sense. thanks
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors