Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
feroz
New Contributor II

DHCP RELAY

i have issue with DHCP REPLY on firewall, the traffic not pass from DHCP to LAN side, attached topology for your understanding, the dhcp  server interface address 192.168.1.10 connect to switch and to Port1 Firewall. port 1 address 192.168.2.100.

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 4.35.06 PM.pngdelet.jpeg

1 Solution
feroz
New Contributor II

Found the Issue, it's on DHCP server where there is no default route configure towards firewall.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
aionescu
Staff
Staff

Hi @feroz , 

Welcome to the community.

So there is the offer from the server and it is dropped by the firewall?

Are there any logs that you can share with us?

feroz
New Contributor II

thanks for your reply, i do not see any logs now on packet capture, but the discovery msg hitting to firewall port2 but somehow it not get reply from DHCP.

for test purpose i attached one router direct to dhcp server port it get the dhcp address.

feroz
New Contributor II

Port 1 able to get dhcp address from 192.168.1.0/24 range but the port 2 not able to get dhcp address from range 192.168.2.0/24.

feroz
New Contributor II

The traffic from Port 2 to Port 1  not passing , i made fw policy from Port 1 to Port 2 allowed all  services and port2 to port 1 all service, but still the issue present.

feroz
New Contributor II

Found the Issue, it's on DHCP server where there is no default route configure towards firewall.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors