Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

DHCP Limits?

I am using FortiGate also as a DHCP server, because in a HA failover arrangement I get failover security also for DHCP. Now: I wonder if it is OK to use FortiGate for as many as 500 leases, or there is a danger to overflow some internal tables, or to slow down the firewall ? The model is FortiGate 300A, with V4.0 MR1 Patch 1. TIA Alex
5 REPLIES 5
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

not 500, for that model/firmware you can define until 200 leases for each interface check http://kb.fortinet.com for ' Fortigate Maximum values Matrix version 4.0'

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Thanks Abel. My understanding is that the 200 limit in ' Fortigate Maximum values Matrix version 4.0' reffers to reservations (as defined by config system dhcp reserved-address), not to leases. Besides, I already have over 300 leases on one of the interfaces. TIA Alex
abelio

Indeed Alex, you' re right; the limit is for the reserved MAC<->IP table size. Regarding to your original concern, i dunno; look the memory usage as you add address over time; if you' re doing some regular monitoring, resulting memory usage graphs could show something useful. regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

OK, thanks Abel. Are the FortiNet people answering questions on these Forums as well? Alex
abelio

Are the FortiNet people answering questions on these Forums as well?
rarely... maybe other here could have another answer. if you have support contract, try opening a ticket with tac support.fortinet.com good luck

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors