Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
scerazy
New Contributor III

DC agent update = need to uninstall first

That is total madness. I can not reboot domain controller TWICE (once after uninstall & second time after install)

How is it that Fortinet cannot write upgrade routine that (if at all) needs just a single upgrade?

Seb

5 REPLIES 5
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Did upgrade DCAgent in lab now and system rebooted ONCE .. and only because this agent is hooked to LSAS as sub-authentication module. And from last check it seemed to me that it is MSFT who is unable to load/unload modules without reboot.

But c'mon .. MSFT world was always like this, change whatever > reboot .. wasn't it ?

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

scerazy
New Contributor III

I can live with single reboot, but uninstall is unacceptable!

I did not make up the the Installer message seen in picture

xsilver_FTNT

Why are you trying to remove it when title states DCAgent Update. One possible way is to ask Fortinet Support for standalone installer of DCAgent. And if you fire up installation of this newer DCAgent on the DC, then it will update existing agent with a single reboot only.

scerazy
New Contributor III

It states Update, because that what it is in practice.

One downloads new version & upgrades. That IS the standalone DCAgent!

And the install give the message in the picture. I do NOT want to remove anything, I simply want to upgrade

Not that difficult to understand.

Basically the msi logic in this STANDALONE installer is pants!

xsilver_FTNT

fine, it wasn't 105% clear to me what you did, which versions etc. so I wrote about my experience.

i just tried to help and so tested with 0275 version and .exe standalone installer file and it required just one reboot.

If you have different behavior, then document it as much as possible (how to reproduce issue), and open ticket on Fortinet's support to get through to developers and get that fixed.

I haven't found an issue in my case, except one expected reboot forced by Windows.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors